Bonding is often the cosmetic dentistry option that is the perfect fix for a number of minor issues with your teeth. If you have an imperfections in your teeth such as chips, gaps, or stains, bonding can be a simple and highly effective way to improve your smile.
Bonding can repair teeth that –
- are stained
- are chipped
- are crooked
- have minor gaps
And in some cases, bonding can repair a cavity with a natural-looking, tooth-colored restoration.
Advantages of bonding
Bonding can be a quick procedure, often done in just an hour or two.
Many bonding procedures can be performed without anesthesia.
It can be less expensive than a crown or veneer.
- We begin by thoroughly cleaning your teeth to ensure that they are free of any plaque and tartar.
- Next, we choose a shade that matches your natural tooth color, so the bonding material blends perfectly with your other teeth.
- The tooth needs to be dry, so we may use a rubber dam to isolate it.
- To begin, we use a mild etching solution to condition the tooth surface. This helps the bonding agent adhere to your tooth.
- We then apply the bonding material and harden it with a special curing light.
- We add another layer of resin, and again, harden it with the curing light. We may do this several times until we reach the proper thickness.
- Once all layers have been placed, we sculpt them to the desired shape.
- We check your bite to make sure your tooth functions properly.
- Finally, we polish your tooth to a smooth and beautiful finish. With proper care, the bonding material should last between 3 and 10 years.